Hair Systems For Hair Loss
Drawing on more than two decades of experience in the hair loss industry, Hair to Ware has developed a unique line of enhancer hair systems that create a natural finished look. Every client who visits our specialist hair clinic is unique, so we customise each hair system to match the individual look and style.
What Is a Hair System?
A hair system is a bespoke, non-surgical hair loss treatment that comes in a variety of forms. It is a light, breathable, natural alternative to a wig that is crafted using human hair or a realistic synthetic alternative, hand woven into a particular base material. The base material is adhered to your head using a preferred method of attachment. Hair loss systems can take the form of a full or partial wig, a toupee, or a unit covering a section of the exposed scalp.
Contact us for more information on our hair systems or to book an appointment.
Read our Frequently Asked Questions to learn more about our hair systems.
How Does the Procedure Work?
We understand that hair loss has both physical and emotional components, which is why our UK hair specialists take the time to consult with every client to ensure they’re completely comfortable and satisfied from start to finish.
Step 1: You will have a consultation with one of our experienced stylists to analyse your lifestyle, needs and preferences.
Step 2: We will customise a hair system according to the consultation, using 100% top-quality human hair that is fused to a light, flexible mesh base. We add colour and style the hair system to your requirements.
Step 3: The transparent mesh base is bonded to the scalp using hypoallergenic, translucent medical adhesives. This is completely safe, painless and non-intrusive, with the porous membrane allowing the epidermis to breathe.
Step 4: We will ensure you’re happy with the finished look and talk you through the hair system care procedure.
Step 5: You can go about living your life with the freedom to wash your hair, shower and carry on as normal with a whole new look.
Types of Base Materials for Hair Systems
During the consultation with our Hare to Ware specialist, we will go over the different materials used to construct our hair systems. There are different types of base materials, depending on your particular preference or budget.
- Polymer base: This one closely resembles your real skin tone and is durable; however, it is less porous than the other options.
- Monofilament base: This is a porous material allowing the skin to breathe and is easy to clean.
- Lace base: This gives the appearance of hair growth from the skin level, but it does require a bit more maintenance in terms of cleaning.
- Skin base: This is a comfortable and breathable base moulded to the scalp, providing a natural appearance.
What to Expect After Your Custom Fitting
As with any alteration to your appearance, there will be an adjustment period as the change is immediate, rather than gradual. Here are a few things you must remember when you have your hair system fitted:
- Immediately after the hair system is put in place, you need to avoid touching it too often – as tempting as this may be! The bonding to your scalp will take up to 24 hours to cure, and fiddling can impact the longevity of the bond.
- There could be some lifting around the edges of your hair system at first. This can be easily rectified with some more adhesive.
- Your new custom hair system will feel thick and quite bouncy at first – this is normal. After a week or two, it will settle and feel more natural.
- Remember to keep the hair system cut a bit longer than you’d usually have it to make sure you want to cut it further. Once you’ve cut it, there’s no going back!
- It’s normal for the new hair system to shed some of the hair over the first month. This is how the system settles into your lifestyle, and the shedding will stop.
- Once your hair system is in place, you’re going to analyse your appearance and possibly feel it doesn’t look quite right. This is part of the adjustment process, and it will soon feel more a part of you than you initially thought. Just remember that you’re analysing your appearance much more than anyone else is!
How Often Should You Wash Your Hair System?
As with natural hair, caring for your hair care system is an important element to ensure it retains its appearance for as long as possible. Our Hair to Ware specialist will provide you with a thorough outline of hair system care, but it’s good to have some idea of what to expect ahead of time.
- Your hair system will be firmly fitted to your scalp, so you’ll be able to wash it in the shower as you would your natural hair.
- Because your hair system is not receiving the natural oils from your scalp, it’s important not to over-wash the hair, as this can cause it to dry out. Once or twice a week is sufficient.
- You won’t have to use a lot of shampoo when cleaning your hair system, roughly the amount of a 10p coin in your hand is enough.
- Rather than lathering in a circular motion, it’s best that you gently smooth the shampoo through your hair system in one direction. You can use a vent brush with nodules or a wide-tooth comb to detangle.
- You can repeat this procedure with a conditioner to keep your hair system feeling soft.
- It’s best to use lukewarm water when washing your hair system, as this temperature will retain the moisture and prevent the adhesives from breaking down. Too hot or too cold can impact the system.
* Your hair system will need to be detached and cleaned about every four to eight weeks. Your natural hair will then need to be re-blended when the hair system is replaced for perfect integration.
How Do You Dry Your Hair System?
You can either dry your hair system by gently pressing a towel down on your head, or use a hairdryer on a cooler setting. This ensures the adhesives remain secure and the hair isn’t damaged by heat. You can use a vent brush while drying your hair.
Brushing and Styling
Our Hair to Ware specialists will guide you on brush and styling products compatible with your particular hair system. The better you care for your hair system, the longer it will last.
- It’s best to use a vent brush with nodules on the end, or a wide-tooth comb, to prevent tearing and damaging the hair system.
- Brush from the ends of your hair towards the root gently, and don’t pull out any tangles.
- You can spray water on your hair for brushing and styling if you aren’t washing that day.
- Avoid using strong-hold gels as these are difficult to get out of the hair system.
What Are the Benefits of a Hair System?
Hair to Ware has customised numerous hair systems for our many satisfied clients, the benefits of which have been felt by everyone. Some of these are:
- Hair systems are non-surgical and low risk.
- The results of hair replacement systems are guaranteed.
- Hair systems can be changed to keep up with styles.
- There is no limit to the style, cut and colour of your hair system.
- Hair systems are affordable and low maintenance.
How Do I Get Started?
Contact Hair to Ware today for information on our hair systems or to book an appointment. This will consist of a one-hour consultation with one of our dedicated UK hair loss consultants, with the option of a private room. Read our Frequently Asked Questions for more help and information on our hair systems.
I have found Hair to Ware to be externally professional, and extremely caring in my situation, and assisted me to overcome my hair shortcomings! Amanda, Kim, Ryan, Natasha, Maisie and Keith are all amazing people and I would highly recommend them to anyone! They are simply the best.
Enhancers & Extensions
Make An Enquiry
Want to see more?
Monday – Saturday,
10:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Closed on Sundays